Salary: £26,349 Per Annum
About our culture
The Works is such an awesome place to… well… work!
Our atmosphere is supportive, welcoming, friendly and inclusive. A second home-from-home where you can be your best and authentic you.
We’ve built an environment that’s busy, always moving, and full of energy. Yet we still make space to share must-watch TV recommendations and our favourite page-turners! It’s the perfect place for people who know how to roll their sleeves up, get creative, and put their passion and imagination to work… we’re people who ‘do’.
Overview of retail Store Manager
This isn’t just looking after your local retail store. This is creating a fun, inclusive and inspiring business for our colleagues and customers.
As a retail Store Manager, you’ll spend a lot of time on the shop floor, working alongside your team, driving commerciality and setting the pace. You’ll showcase an inspirational customer experience by creating ‘moments that matter’ with our retail customers.
You’ll be passionate about recruiting and creating an inclusive team, supporting them to succeed, and developing them to reach their potential. You’ll know how to have fun, and not take yourself too seriously, after all having fun is part of our DNA! You’ll lead from the front, and love running your retail store as if it was your own!
Whilst you’ll no doubt experience the thrill of hitting targets, solving problems and reaching your potential, we can’t promise it will be easy as sometimes retail is challenging. But we know you’ll love our products, leading our fun and unique family of colleagues in our Crafty, Caring and Can-do culture.
Retail Store Manager key responsibilities
- Delighting and inspiring every customer by building and developing your team to offer an exceptional retail customer experience, underpinned by brilliant product knowledge
- Coaching and developing your team to go the extra mile and inspire our customers with additional products and services they might require, such as promoting our fantastic loyalty scheme, etc
- Creating a fun, friendly, accessible, and inclusive store experience for our retail customers and colleagues
- Proactively recruiting team members who embody our values and behaviours.
- Working in collaboration with your fellow store managers, area and regional teams to share best practice, and encourage continual growth to ensure we all succeed together.
- Driving retail commerciality to deliver fantastic sales and high performance across all KPI’s.
- Delivering great store standards and ensuring all compliance tasks are completed accurately and timely.Working shoulder to shoulder with your team on the retail shop floor to lead by example.Delivering excellent merchandising standards across the shop floor.
- Taking pride in ensuring your store is always clean, tidy, and priced correctly.
- Implementing and executing regular promotional changes, ensuring space is aligned to Matrix and seasonal trends.
The skills you’ll need
To flourish as a retail Store Manager, you’ll need to be:
- Creative, people focussed and passionate about our brand and ranges.
- Resilient and agile, with an ability to plan, understand data and deliver under pressure
- Commercially astute.
- Comfortable working with a high Sku count in both a planogrammed and non-planogrammed merchandising environment.
- A great leader with wonderful people skills to create an inclusive team and support great everyday conversations with your team regarding their performance, wellbeing, or career aspirations
- A great communicator with the ability to inspire, drive, develop and motivate your team to help us become the go to place for reading, learning, creativity and play.
- Comfortable with tech such as PC’s, Tills, Smartphones and e-mail
- Supportive of team wellbeing, performance and career aspirations
Our PERKS really are ‘The Works’
- 25% Colleague Discount – Plus, exclusive double-discount days
- MyWorks – Exclusive online discounts across hundreds of retailers, holidays, utilities deals, tech and more
- Can-Do Academy – Instant access to further training and development to help you grow with us and develop your career
- Wagestream – Claim early access to 50% of your wages as you earn them
- Share Scheme – Become a shareholder and own your very own piece of The Works!
- 24/7 support for you and your family – Through our Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Trust Partnerships; Get free counselling, will-writing services, financial and emotional support for you and your family – because you matter!
- Save As You Earn – Save directly from your salary
- Long Service Awards – Cash, gifts, or holiday rewards
- Recognition Awards – For outstanding service, customer feedback, excellent sales and more!
- + Loads more! – Holiday, Pension, Sick pay, Life assurance and optional charity giving
To inspire reading. learning, creativity and play – making lives more fulfilled
We are Crafty | We are Caring | We are Can-do